Thursday, January 29, 2009

Inside of panel #5 glassed.

Last night Frode, Omar and I glassed the inside of panel #5. Quite an enjoyable and efficient evening. Done in two hours with Frode and me laminating and Omar mixing epoxy batches. 550grams of epoxy used, and then we squeeged off some so not the full weight. Will be interesting to weight this panel as we have not used the pre-coat technique on these.

Now, on for panel #6. The big one before we can flip the stations over! I have already put some planks in place, so it is just a matter of continuing. Overtime work have taken much time lately, and I have a cold that drains my energy, but much of the planking on #6 should be done during the weekend.

A co-worker and I have begun chatting about building a plane. A replica of a WW2 Mosquito would be fun ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

may I suggest an RC model at first, before you go ahead and kill yourself in a real plane?
Best regards Frode

Rolf Nilsen said...

You think I am going to do the testing of that thing? I dont think so.. I dont even think I can qualify for a pilot license with my poor eyesight and heart.

Florin I said...

I'll do it !! :))

Florin I said...

I'm a licensed pilot guys, so everything will be ok. Alos have some experience with short flights :))