Friday, March 13, 2009

Progress on #6

Last wednesday we glassed panel #6 on the outside. Here is a pic of the finished result before the epoxy kicked.Spent 2 hours from start to end of the whole operation. We are definately getting better at this.
Tonight I was down in the workshop again to pull the panel off the mould and put it into the female mould/crib for glassing on the inside. Since the angle grinder is bust I spent the rest of the nigth filling any gaps on the inside. There are always some at the bottom of the boat no matter how careful I am with the plane. Sunday I might be able to sand down the inside and pre-coat for glassing the coming week. Who knows :-)
Anyway, we are near the point where we can flip the stations over and begin building the other halves of the hulls. That makes us this happy:
We have also progressed on the mould for the beams. The mould is in the workshop, alu tube split on a large CNC mill. Really nice split! Here is Omar holding the cast end-plugs
Last, I could not help myself but put up a picture of a sunrise as seen from my office window. It was on the phone with the building photos so..

No comments: