Wednesday, October 03, 2007

First night, building the strongback and transferring stations


This was not really the first night as Omar and I cleaned out my garage the week before. But this was the first evening we did something which felt like making progress.

To the left we can see Frode inspecting the strongback which is half done. The strongback is built from 12mm ply skins and 2x4 lumber, assembled with 80mm giproc screws.
In the background we can see a Tornado rudder and the door leading to my hobby room.



Omar is transferring the stations to a 20mm particle board. The board was "liberated" when they threw out some desks from my workplace. We got a stack of these ready to be turned into stations.



Omar is very dedicated to his task, to the expense of our sense of aesthetics.. We can live with this as long as he do good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Showing a bit of skin!
I suppose this shot is aimed at getting the girls interested in following the project.